Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pin-lifted Valentine

I'm coining a new term, "Pin-lift".
Reminiscent of by-gone days when I "scraplifted" (copied bit-by-bit)  the work of a scrapbooker I admired, the "pin-lift" involves admiring, pinning, and making your own, the work of a chef/artist/creative genius as seen on Pinterest.  If you're not in the Pinterest loop then pop me an email and I'll hook you up with an invite.  Soon you too will be pin-dicted.  Now, how about that, another term coined "pin-dicted", an extreme addiction to pinterest curable only by ... wait, no known cure yet.

On with my pin-lifted Valentine.
I will fully admit that I am a bit of a sucker for Valentine's Day.  It feeds into all my baser weaknesses: candy, crafts, spreading a little love.  So, for all you Valentine nay-sayers: shut-up.  Sorry to be blunt, but I'm moving on with those who share the St. Valentine love.

This Valentine comes to you from three different pinned sources.

#1 the Scratch Off (like a lottery ticket):  it's brilliant and we had all the supplies in the house.
Supplies include: shiny acrylic paint, clear contact paper, dish soap.
Easy-peasy.
Mix 2 parts paint with 1 part dish soap.
Paint one layer on the contact paper.  Let it dry.  Paint another layer.  Let it dry.
Cut it out in a small circle shape (using your ever useful Creative Memories circle cutter!).

#2 the Little Poem: read it somewhere on Pinterest.
I would give credit where credit is due, but I forget.

#3 the Owl-y Valentine:  Downloaded (with permission and for free) from this site:
http://www.amyistheparty.com/2012/02/valentine-downloads.html
She rocks the photoshop!
A little cutting and pasting of my own on photoshop, stuck the now shiney contact paper over my child's name.  And there you have it ... my pin-lifted Valentine.



We used double sided scrapbook tape and stuck a penny on the backside of each Valentine for use in the scratch off.


Here's hoping that the kids think it's as cute and clever as this mom does.

And for a final bit of hoop-la, I came home from taking a child to piano lessons and found this lovely note taped to the wall.


"If you are sad then scratch the circle and you will see what's under me!"
I scratched said circle and found an encouraging note, "Be Happy, Don't Worry!"
Apparently someone's been listening to a little Bobby McFerrin and thinks I need a bit of a pick-me up. Thanks kiddo!

No comments:

Me and G

Me and G