Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Quest for Manly-ness

He was sent to the bathroom to do something about the insurmountable rat's nest growing on the back of his head.
A few squirts from the "No More Tangles" should do the trick.
But, it was taking a while - longer than you'd expect a seven year old boy to take in the bathroom.

And then he piped up, "I want sideburns."

silence from the girls in the house

"Yep, I think I need sideburns.  Facial hair would make me look more manly."

continued silence, verging on questioning disbelief from his sisters 

I leave the books and head into the bathroom to peek on the boy.
He catches my eye in the mirror, gives a little smirk, and states, "I really need to look more manly. I think facial hair will help.  You know, like Kurt, the guy who was playing drums at church yesterday."

I pains me to break the news to him:
"Your father didn't shave until he was 25."
Manly-ness may have to wait.


No comments:

Me and G

Me and G